If you really want to make impact on macro-, meso- and micro level and you are purpose-driven to create a better climate. This is the job!
Coolgradient is a startup on a mission:
make data centers save huge amounts of energy.
We do this by optimizing their cooling infrastructure, using 100.000+ sensors per site and an increasing amount of Machine Learning (ML) algorithms.
Currently we’ve onboarded about 5 different locations in countries like Germany, Switzerland, France and The Netherlands and scaling to a dozen more in 2022, including the US.
Both the complexity of these datacenters ánd the potential positive impact on society is immense.
The datacenter itself is a complex dynamic and nonlinear system, each equipped with hundreds of highly advanced mechanical and electrical assets, all interacting with another. Understanding, let alone optimizing, this system is quite challenging.
Applying ML opens up a whole new ballgame with huge benefits… We’ve detected single energy optimizations which were the equivalent of the yearly energy consumption of almost 250 Dutch households. We’re scaling this finding across other data centers as we speak. And one of our customers has 300 of them around the world!
But we’ve raised the bar for Coolgradient…
Even though datacenters are designed ánd build to be as energy efficient as they can be, their global energy usage will keep increasing due to our increasing usage of internet tech. Estimates are that the amount of energy used for cooling these datacenters will equal about 159 million yearly Dutch households by 2030.
Even if we set our goal as low as to save just 1%, we’re already talking about saving the amount of energy twice the size of all current Dutch households…
So, will you join our mission as a Head of Data and make the world a little greener?
What you can expect
• Ability to be a ‘linking pin’ between literally everything that happens at both the client data centers ánd the Coolgradient products and optimizations
• Challenging and very relevant topic to work on
• Ability to make a positive impact on society
• Ability to actively engage in scaling and building Coolgradient
• Flexibility in how you want to design this position to grow as a person and as a team
• Part of a young and professional team with a diverse background in AI and several PhD’s including Math and Energy Science
• Ongoing unique learning and development opportunities, blending the latest in both mechanical/ electrical engineering and AI developments
• Great on-prem office with lots of perks, like games of Padel and events hosted by our start-up community, like pub-quizzes and Ugly Sweater Christmas parties
• Ability to work remotely
• Good pension scheme, lease car, laptop and of course salary
Read more in this article on VentureBeat of the AI platform of cool gradient;
The organization is growing fast, really fast.
So your responsibility is to build a 2.0 and 3.0 scaling with the speed of light.
As we speak coo gradient is active in 6 countries and move to 3 continents and scaling fast to all continents and much more countries. Also bringing more products than features.
> Resonsible to work with universities and other institutions.
> Bringing live ML ops
> knowledge and experience in modeling complex data
> manage & validate data, data mesh & data management at large scale
> cloud platform Azure
> knowledge of complex mechanical installations
> Unity - 3D modeling
> Unreal engine
> Azure digital twin